Thursday, August 16, 2007

#2 Thing: Notes on 7 1/2 Habits of HSLL

Thought I'd take some notes on 7 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners for posterity.
#1 Begin w/ end in mind. (Finish the job.)
#2 Accept responsibility for my learning. (Always.)
#3 View problems as challenges. (The only way to deal with it.)
#4 Have confidence in self as a competent, effective learner. (I'm trying, but...)
#5 Create your own learning toolbox--books, technology, classes, mentors, friends, Web pages. (I love tools!)
#6 Use technology to your advantage. (I'll believe it when I see it!)
#7 Teach & mentor others. Reinforce & give back. (Will do if I think I'll "do no harm" in the process.)
#7 1/2 PLAY! Important for learning & brain development. (Now I know my problem: not enough fun!)
I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN...
PS My greatest challenge will be #6 coupled with #4 specifically in the realm of technology. Becoming acquainted the all these technologies is one thing. Understanding them well enough to use & pass on reliable info to customers is a different pot of chili. For me repetition is the key, & all too often, that doesn't happen due to time constraints. I'll give it me best shot.

No comments: