Tuesday, August 28, 2007

#12: Rollyo-down to Freeport, GBI

Part 1: If you've taken the time to follow this blog--have you nothing better to do with your life?--then you'll notice a pattern. I love color. I love images. I love photographs even though I don't do much photography myself these days. If I wait long enough all the possible photographs will be taken anyway. (Not just a pretty face, huh?)
Anywho, my search roll is called "Pretty Pics" with tags including Italy, Bahamas, Ireland, New Mexico, doors, windows. Not terribly intellectual. It's all in the pursuit of a little knowledge--a dangerous thing--& the possibility of future fun.

PS:
Why this pic? This signpost has been standing in downtown Freeport since I lived there--it's a long story--in the '70's. A sentimental journey.

Part 2:
After discussing this "tool" with DJ (Darnice Jasper), my fab 23 Things mentor from NJ, I realized that I could, in fact, use Rollyo to create a useful search roll or two for work. I now have added one for coloring/craft resources & one for book talking. I played with the canned "reference" search roll & found that it worked okay if I was selective about the websites. I like that I can not only edit my rolls, but also the canned ones. Now I'm hoping that DJ will have the time & patience to help me add these to my blog.

No comments: