Monday, September 10, 2007

#19: And the Winners Are...


I wish I had started this "Thing" yesterday when I was booking airline tickets to visit my son, Seamus, in Raleigh, NC later this month. I checked out the Travel category and found the top 2--Farecast & Kayak--convenient in that I only had to enter my info once. I could then move from one site to another without having to redo my itinerary. RealTravel could be a useful site with traveler's advice coupled "real" travel experiences plus there's the Free Trip Planner to map out your ideal vacation. I really like this one. I think I'll start planning my dream vacation to Italy when I finish this post!
These travel sites could prove to be a great starting point for all our customers who normally lug home those travel books that are often boring & out-of-date.
I've already explored some of the sites in completing our "23 Things"--Technorati, Bloglines, Library Thing, GoogleDocs, PBwiki, Zoho, Flickr, Rollyo, Del.icio.us. I'd already become acquainted with Google Maps & Picasa on my own. My husband is an Irishman living in Woodbine, MD writing the next great Australian novel, so I think I'll show him Lulu, "the digital marketplace" for aspiring authors. I'll keep this Web 2.0 Awards list handy for future exploration.

No comments: