Sunday, September 16, 2007

#23: And She's Coming Into the Home Stretch

The finish line is within sight. I've just reviewed my notes on "7 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners" & my "2.0 Contract for Learning" posted on August 16th, just over one month ago. The challenges of using technology to my advantage coupled with my lack of confidence in this realm still exist; however, I have fulfilled my contract successfully with many positive results. I'm no longer "scared of the black hole" that is technology, but rather graduated to being shy & cautious coupled with healthy skepticism.
Here are the highlights of my journey:
>learned to blog--kept a journal of my Web2.0 experiences & had fun trying to be creative with it.
>got my Gmail acc't. & signed up for more stuff than I could have imagined.
>love my iGoogle page, Del.icio.us, Flickr, Picasa, travel blogs @ Web 2.0 Awards, Rollyo, Topix, & YouTube.
> hugh frustration & usurper of time--learning the hard way, with much help from John J., to make my iAudio work for eAudioBooks (Here's a big "duh": Chris H. just printed the iAudio User's Guide that everyone should have before starting #22!.)
>Google Docs--learned that this handy tool will be replaced by DeskNow--great!
>most fun (I did learn to play!)--Flickr's geo tags, Montagr, Colr Pickr, etc. (I really enjoyed searching for photos to add some "pop" to my otherwise bland blog posts.) I also had too much fun with Meez.
>enjoyed the process of cooperation among co-workers with the prospect of helping to guide, of "passing it on" to others who follow me in exploring these pathways. My special thanks to DJ, John J. & the "old" Stacey F. for your patience & guidance.
>patting myself on the back as I am writing this for actually completing this often "black hole scary" yet fascinating & illuminating learning journey.

As the Virginia Slims slogan says/said (Are they still around?): "You've come a long way, baby!"
Phew! Hip, hip, hooray!! Finito!!!

No comments: