Wednesday, September 12, 2007

#21: Playing with Podcasts: Frustration to the Max

You must be kidding! I've just done an entire circuit amongst 4 different computers to try to listen to a podcast. Mine has NT so nothing "casts" on it; one doesn't have speakers & the headphones don't seem to work; one kept hiccuping; finally, I got one to actually work. I listened to a little of an ancient "Lone Ranger" radio show. (When I tried to listen to several different episodes of Classic Radio & Movie Network at podcast.com, I was asked to make a donation & never got to hear anything else.) I watched a segment on Indian cooking in Ameena's kitchen. Since I don't own an MP3 player yet... This is way too much effort for too little result. Isn't this often simply an "talking blog" or in some instances, just a video clip?
If a customer wants info on this subject, I'd just refer them to Yahoo for their tour, "what the heck is a podcast?"
PS I'm editing this post after reading Stacey F.'s comments. I've always regarded her as my "techo-guru" & was almost speechless to read her slightly negative remarks re #21. I love the Zits commentary re podcasts.

No comments: